Toto Theater World uses mechanics similar to the Ruins of Rucyana dungeon, but costs 1 Red Key instead of 2 Green Keys to enter, and Tsubura's Gems are obtainable upon completion. Like the Ruins of Rucyana, it also has a cap of 30 waves of mobs instead of the 5 per map that is more typical of Another Dungeons. Outside of the story questline, there is no boss for this dungeon and the drop rate of the chests are fixed but randomized.
On entry, the party is placed on a small map with a guide and a vendor that trades special items for Toto Medals. These Medals can be gathered during exploration (there are 3 spots, each giving a chance a 1 or 2 medals). Upon completion of the dungeon, 5 are awarded. These medals will carry over to subsequent runs, giving the player a chance to buy something starting from the 2nd run. Other sources of medals include Souvenir Sams (reward vendor) and a hidden one-time reward.
On the initial run, just proceed to the next map to enter the safe zone of the dungeon. Upon entry, a random objective (in the form of a mission book) is assigned. Completing the mission is required to complete the dungeon, as it unlocks the exit (right next to where you got assigned the mission). More on missions in the walkthrough below.
Completing and exiting the dungeon gives a slight chance for 1, 2, or 3 Light/Shadow points to be divided amongst any Free Characters that you currently have in your current party who are not already at 255 light or shadow points; non-gacha characters already at 255 light or shadow are not eligible targets. The chances are 16%, 3.2%, and 0.8%, respectively. This results in an effective rate of 24.8%, but one still only sees point gains on 20% of runs. If there are two or more eligible characters in the party, the points will be randomly distributed to them; no more than 3 points are awarded in total. It doesn't matter how many eligible characters are in the party, as long as there is at least one.
The items that can be traded for using Toto Medals are permanent power-ups or conveniences that carry over to all subsequent runs. Each of the upgradeable items can also be used to obtain a one-time hidden Guiding Light item or Luring Shadow item (3 in the initial Magical Forest map, and another 3 in the unlockable Secret Factory map).
Once you've traded and upgraded all items, the vendor will then offer a Souvenir Pass for 10 Medals - this item lasts for the current run only. Do take note that Toto Medals are also needed to progress through dungeon's story, so only buy this once all uses of Toto Medals have been exhausted, as the Souvenir Pass can also be found inside one of the chests in the exploration map.
The Souvenir Pass is used to obtain items from the reward vendors known as Souvenir Sams. These vending machines are located in the same map as the dungeon exit, and a single Souvenir Pass lets you claim rewards from all 4 machines. The color of the vending machines indicates what rewards are given, with the colors being random:
Toto Theater World tells a story about rescuing Mimi as you spend Toto Medals on story objectives marked on the exploration maps. Only the Magical Forest is accessible initially. The Secret Factory map will become available as you progress through the story.
As mentioned earlier, the starting area is basically a safe zone, and it contains the exit and a teleporter. That teleporter takes your party to the exploration map proper. The exploration map has a teleporter in each corner, and the corner you will start from is random. The remaining three teleporters will first need to be activated by touching them before they can be used for fast travel.
Depending on the mission you obtained when entering (tap on the mission book in the item bar at the top; rightmost item), it may be simple or troublesome to unlock the exit. Possible missions include:
- Defeat 1-3 enemies blocking the path.
- Defeat 1-3 Mimics.
- Defeat 1-3 Horrors.
- Find Toto Medals at 1-3 areas.
- Find 1 undamaged hologram.
- Open 1-3 chests (those that are not mimics).
The story objective for the Magical Forest is to collect three stone slates:
- Red Slate
- Talk to the Proud Abbetos at the topmost portion of the map.
- Afterwards, talk to the Elite Goblin located slightly south of Proud Abbetos.
- In Toto Village, purchase the Seared Filet Mignon from the tavern for 10 Toto Medals.
- Give the Seared Filet Mignon to the Elite Goblin.
- Return to the Proud Abbetos and complete the minigame where you have to time your block to his strikes 3 consecutive times.
- Yellow Slate
- Purchase the Spirit Scope for 10 Toto Medals from an NPC on the bottom left side of the map.
- Head into the Lost Woods located in the south part of the forest.
- The signs will clue you on which exit to take: the first one is where a spirit is present, the second is where the spirit is traveling in the opposite direction, and the last is where the spirit travels in a straight line instead of curving.
- Blue Slate
- Purchase a rope for 10 Toto Medals in Toto village and descend into the well.
- Solve the pillar puzzle to collect water. To solve the pillar puzzle, take note of the ages of the straw dolls in Toto Village.
- Water the flowers located in the middle of forest.
Once all three slates have been obtained, insert them into the pedestal at the center of the exploration map. A new path will unlock, leading to a boss fight with a Chimera (<750k HP).
Upon defeating the Chimera, a portal to Toto Village will open. On your next run, the second Toto Theater World map, Secret Factory, will be unlocked.
The story objective here is to obtain five authentication keys:
- Key A: Talk to Kitty Swipe Researcher, purchase DX Kitty Catnip from Cat Toy Researcher, invite three cats from the Secret Factory to participate in the tournament, participate in the tournament yourself (minigame).
- Key B: Talk to Research Staff at the south of Toto's Research Lab, purchase Super Cooler Spray, go to Incinerator, obtain the requested item (5-minute time limit), return it to Research Staff.
- Key C: Purchase Toto Costume from Janitor, talk to Research Staff in the Secret Factory (NE), get the package without being noticed by the sweeper (minigame).
- Key D: Purchase Special Metal Detector from Research Staff at Toto's Research Lab, talk to Robot Research Staff in NW room of lab, find robot parts, give them to Robot Research Staff. The detector will not glow and parts can not be acquired until you talk to person in NW room of lab after buying the detector.
- Key E: Purchase Membership Card from a boy near warp statue, talk to a guard, enter cafe, complete delivery orders (huntress - pudding, android - tarts, researcher - coffee), return to the manager in cafe.
As before, each item that needs to be purchased costs 10 Toto Medals.
Once all five keys have been obtained, use them at the Authentication Key Gate. A new path will unlock, leading to a final boss fight with Synth Drone (<750k HP). Upon completion, you'll get the Toto Crystal.
After rescuing Mimi, check out a white glimmer in the tavern of Toto's Village. Proceed to the Lost Woods area 2, and enter the staff room from the northeast corner. Interact with the costumes to obtain 20 Toto Medals and (Katana) x1